Jeff Rains of the Band Rains has been called out! We await his response!
SEE THE VIDEO HERE:
Following is the Facebook comments preceeding my video response.
GREAT review of the Rains show from last month is up at http://themusicenthusiast.com/ – “Besides being pissed off, I’d also say that this was the saddest fucking excuse of a performance I have ever seen.” There is MY favorite quote… go give it a read! Very insightful! Much love to Jordan Buford for ALL he does for music!
- Katie Boyd I waited WEEKS for this and I LOVE IT!!! Thank you,Jordan Buford!
- 3 hours ago · Like
- Gatorland Jamminn The review got my interest. Keep up the good work, Jordan. Looking forward to more, now that your on my radar. haha. – Stephen Keith Page
- 2 hours ago · Like
- Jeff Rains
- Hey Katie did you tell them about the part where you’re a complete scam artist and treated us like absolute shit ALL day and didn’t pay us our guarantee or comply with ANYTHING in our contract and now we’re suing you? Fucking promoter my ass. I love all of you morons that think you can call yourself a “Promoter” and think it’s completely ok to fuck over bands. We should have listened to all of the Local Bands you put on the show who made it very clear that you’re a complete worthless waste of human space, and tried to convince us that we shouldn’t even play the show BEFORE we went on. Don’t you worry i’ll be sending WhiskeyBoy Blake, Jordan Buford, and Stephen Keith Page a VERY detailed email on EXCACTLY what went down that day so they can all know why it appeared we gave “the saddest fucking excuse of a performance” they’ve ever seen. I hope you sleep well at night knowing all the bands you take advantage of. I can only IMAGINE some of the other shit you’ve pulled. I feel sorry for you, and all other “Promoters” Like you. Actually now that I think about it i’ll go ahead and copy all of your friends/bands on your “Promoter” page on the email I send out with details of the events of that day. Probably a good idea to let everyone you’re involved with know what your about so no one else gets ripped off right? I would hate for you to have to take too much time from all of your strenuous “promoting” efforts due to dealing with all of these lawsuits that are inevitably coming your way!
- 7 minutes ago · Like
Wow… that was a pretty shitty response from someone who didn’t put on a performance worth my $10 door charge… I’d be really interested to hear the side of the story that you guys offer up… but EVERYTHING else aside… is it right for you guys to half-ass a performance and cut it short, because your rock star egos got hurt over some bullshit? I don’t care what the situation… there is not a forgivable reason to pull the plug on a show that ANYONE showed up to see… bottom line… You guys need new and better management. Maybe get over yourself and get on a fucking label so you can get the attention, time and work you obviously need. Still… interested to hear your side of the story that would make it ok to stop a show mid-set when people showed up to hear you play.
- Jeff Rains · Friends with Tweak Robinson and 3 others
- Oh trust me that wasn’t a shitty response. Based on the way we were treated and the fact that Katie conned us into driving clear to arlington with absolutely NO INTENTION of paying us what she was contractually obligated to pay, and broke every single other term in the contract, that was an EXTREMELY nice response. Don’t you worry i’ll be sending out that email just to let everyone know the full extent of what happened that day. And rock start egos??? Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah here’s my ego: I have a wife and a four year old daughter and my JOB that puts FOOD on my families table and a ROOF over their head is to play music. There’s this odd thing that happens when you work any other job; YOU GET PAID!!!!!! So yes I have a massive ego that’s called “I have to take care of my family”. I love that a promoter like this can completely screw a band over and it’s viewed as the band being “assholes”, not the truth, which is the promoter completely lied, scammed us, and broke an entire contract.
- 47 minutes ago · Like
WhiskeyBoy Blake Looking forward to the email… I want to hear the whole story…
42 minutes ago · Like
- Jeremy Root · Friends with Jordan Buford and 9 others
- I’m not saying this to Rains or any performer specifically, but just in general. As a musician who has played a few less-than-optimal gigs, you NEVER short-change ANYONE in the audience. You always give 110% to the people in attendance, bec…See More
- 40 minutes ago · Like
WhiskeyBoy Blake Jeremy’s comment is right on point with where I am going with this… No one will ever give two shits about the behind the scenes problems and bullshit that every band goes through… but they will remember when a band stops their set in the middle or when then tour manager jumps on stage and starts unplugging shit.
38 minutes ago · Like
- Jeff Rains · Friends with Tweak Robinson and 3 others
- Hahaha. Awesome. You guys live in a very interesting delusional world. So basically what your saying is; if your job said “we need you to work 15 hours today, but we are NOT going to pay you a thing”, you’d be ok with that? I’m done with this discussion.
- 30 minutes ago · Like
- Jordan Buford
- First off, thank you Stephen! Glad you liked it & I do hope you’ll come back to my blog. I make a few new posts a week, so check back whenever you get some free time & you’ll probably find something new.
- WOW! This really took an interesting turn, didn’t it? I’m looking forward to that email too, Jeff. Also, I was told and had heard there was supposed to be another band on the bill who was touring with y’all (3 Pill Morning) and since they were a no show that was a breach of contract.
- Jeremy, I agree with you buddy. I may not be in a band or have any musical skill, but I feel when you step on stage you are obligated to play for whatever the specified length of time is. And I know you (Jeremy) have. I’ve seen some Night Gallery shows where y’all have a less than stellar attendance, but still give it your all. Also, I’m not a fan of Lady Gaga by any means, but I heard a portion of an interview she did recently where she said you need to treat the stadium shows like they are the small bar gigs, and any show in a bar you need to act as if the biggest show you’ll ever play.
After these comments Jeff has un-friended or Blocked us on Facebook, so I saved the comments here… We now are waiting for the email from Jeff and his response!